Events & Attempts
What's an event?
A webhook event represents a webhook received from one of your sources. Events are used to keep track of all the webhooks received and their state.
- Status: The event status (pending, failed, or successful)
- Event Date: The date the event was received
- Attempts: The count of attempt that has been made
- Webhook Connection: The webhook connection the webhook event is associated with
- Next Attempt At: Automatically scheduled date for the next retry (attempt)
Each event also has an associated
Event Request that contains the
Body of the original webhook request.
Headers is a
JSON document and the
Body can be a simple primitive (
What's an attempt?
For each Event, an initial attempt is made to deliver the request to your
Destination. If the request is successful, the retry strategy is disabled and your event will only have a single attempt.
Alternatively, new attempts will be made over time according to your retry strategy. Any given event can have up to 50 attempts. Each attempt can be browsed within the Event List by clicking an event or by going directly to the event page.
- Status: The attempt status (pending, failed, or successful)
- Attempt Date: The date the attempt was made
- Attempt Number: The number of the attempt (nth position) for the associated event
Each attempt also has an associated
Attempt Response that contains the
HTTP Status and
Body of the server response.
If your destination was unreachable or failed to respond you will see the
ERR code. A more specific error code can be found by clicking on the event.
The possible codes are:
- CONNECTION_REFUSED: The request to your destination could not be made because the connection was refused.
- CONNECTION_RESET: The request to your destination could not be made because the connection was forcibly closed by your server.
- NOT_FOUND: The request to your destination could not be made because the domain or host was not found or unavailable.
- TIMEOUT: The request to your destination exceeded the 30 seconds timeout. The request might have still been processed by your destination.
- UNKNOWN: A uncategorized error occurred. If one of these errors is triggered, the technical team is notified and will investigate the situation.