Our ambition is to redefine how async events are managed. We want to help teams handle webhooks without having to deal with the complexity by offering the most reliable and simple-to-use webhook infrastructure.
We’re looking for a Backend & Infrastructure Engineer for a full-time position (40h/week, fully remote) to help us continue building the core product and scale to increasing demand. Hookdeck is a small remote (by team) with no work schedule and that values personal time and work-life balance. You expect to be involved in most architectural decisions and, frankly most parts of Hookdeck core tech.
What will you be doing?
You'll play a crucial role in building Hookdeck core platform & infrastructure to scale the product and infrastructure.
What you can expect:
- Work in a small (3-5 engineers) team with a lot of freedom & responsibility;
- Design and implement architecture to support new Hookdeck features and build them to be reliable as we scale;
- Improve our current infrastructure to support the growth in usage.
You will be valued for:
- Your technical expertise, as you already have experience developing and scaling backend infrastructure.
- Your engineering experience, as you have a strong understanding of system architecture, being comfortable with topics such as concurrency, asynchronous operations, reliability and security.
- Your ability to consider the customer's experience in your decisions. All we build is to serve Hookdeck users and your ability to consider their needs and build the infrastructure and features in such of way that we respect their trust and practical need.
What technical stack will you be working on?
We’re currently working on Kubernetes, server-less architecture (Clouldflare), Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Clickhouse, Go and NodeJS (Typescript). However, this should not be considered as cast in stone, as we build out the product, we will be replacing and adding the most appropriate solutions to the stack.
At Hookdeck, we don't compromise on work-life balance. We strongly believe that growth and fulfillment come in all spheres of life and we want to encourage that. That's why everyone has full autonomy in their schedule and work but is expected to communicate the constraints and expectations.
Working at Hookdeck is about respect. The ability to respect other people's lifestyles, thoughts, and emotions. We aim to offer a workplace where people can feel heard, understood, trusted, and vulnerable. We believe in people's self-development and focus on creating a working environment where everyone can grow by being challenged, yet supported.
- A fully remote team and culture
- A culture of learning, wellness, and growth
- A flexible work schedule; we value trust and ownership when it comes to getting work done
- Stock option plan
Though our team is global, for this specific role we are only hiring within Canada.
We can't wait to hear from you!